Sunday, October 4, 2009

The ball in the sky

Yes, today was different than yesterday. Everything seemed suspended more, there was a chill in the air, and just a hint of sun. When I was at the end of my walk, I looked up into a grove of trees where they do ropes courses and such, and the sunlight was peeking between them. It shined right in my face so I couldn't see anything while I walked. The light shining on me feels so all-encompassing that I cannot think about what is going to happen next in the list of "to do," or what time it is. I just allow myself to be a person under the tutelage of the sun. There's something about that moment, when the sun shines right in my eyes like that, where everything goes still and I just feel without thinking. I cannot help but close my eyes, not because of the glare, but I feel like melting. My only responsibility is to be a person who lets sun shine on her face. Gift of stillness from a yellow ball in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment